Monday, March 8, 2010

PUBLIC SPEAKING - TRAINING

DALE CARNEGIE COURSE- PUBLIC SPEAKING & HUMAN RELATIONS- Boise, Idaho- 1992

Twelve week course in over-coming fear of public speaking, techniques, how to win friends and influence people.



DALE CARNEGIE AWARDS- I received the first award, "Personal Progress Award," for my first speech. I spoke on the topic of a childhood horseback riding accident.



PERFECT ATTENDANCE RECOGNITION- 100% Attendance for the entire 12 weeks.



PUBLIC SPEAKING EXPERIENCE:



TAKE THE LEAD- Leads Group- Chill's Restaurant- 2010- I was asked to be a guest speaker for this years group after sharing a story about my success in Texas this past holiday season.

I spoke on the topic of my efforts to reinvent myself and my business to survive the recession over the past 2 years. My efforts include:



Designed new Website, and trimmed it down

Added new online art store- where my art can be purchased on dozens of products under $30.

Art Stimulus Package- Offered drawings with pawprints, drawing and shadowbox to customer to offer package deal at only $150 framed.

Museums are now carrying my products in Texas now- retail sales, more public expose, and free publicity and residual income from art.

Teaching Private Art Lessons in Home- to keep costs down, and to bring in steady income

I started receiving requests for private lessons from my old website. I enjoy teaching private lessons and making new friends of all ages and sharing my passion.





PUBLIC SPEAKING - PAST



Boise State University- Spoke at John Killmaster's art Class- inspirational speech on following your dreams as an Artist-



University Christian Church- Boise State University- Spoke at a woman's church luncheon on the topic of, "Portraiture through the Ages." I spoke on when the human image was first used in time on cave walls, how Alexander the Great was the first to use his image on coins, to how photography effected portraiture and current trends in portraiture."



FUTURE PLANS - Public Speaking- High School-Art Departments in Boise Area.

I feel it is important that student's planning their career in the Arts, need the opportunity to hear an experienced artist share their history, in site and encouragement before deciding what direction to go with their talents and continuing their education.



Public Speaking-Leads Groups, Pet Groups, etc. I feel I have many stories that would be interesting for any group or any age. My art is very visually interesting, and many of my successes most people find inspirational.

No comments: