Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Toni McMillan teams with Governor Otter and Red Cross to raise funds for Japan Relief























TONI MCMILLAN TEAMS WITH GOVERNOR OTTER AND RED CROSS FOR JAPAN RELIEF


IDAHO JAPAN AID - BENEFIT CONCERT


The Japanese Disaster, although thousands of miles away hit very close to home for me. My only daughter, Kristin and Airman son-in-law, Kenneth, experienced the 8.9 earthquake first hand, while stationed on the Misawa Air Base, only four months prior to the earthquake.



My daughter recently emailed me that the last earthquake was more terrifying that the first because it hit at night while she was sleeping at the onbase apartments. She stated the apartments were made of concrete, and were not as stable as her office building, where she was during the worst earthquake.

Rather than worry about further earthquakes, tsunamis and radiation, I have chosen to use my art for good to help the Japanese, and to show my love and support for my military family who are still possibly in harms way.



Governor Otter, gave me his full support and signed seven Artist Proofs of the drawing I had made from a drawing of the Governor. 100% of the funds raised from the sell of the prints will go to the Red Cross. I need a mininum of $150 per print to reach my one thousand dollar goal for the Red Cross. Please be generous and consider donating more than the $150.



You will be helping Japan, receive a tax deduction and a valuable limited edition print signed by me and Governor Butch Otter. The print could eventually have more value than your donation and will be a great collector's item. Now is your opportunity to donate to a worthy cause,


receive a tax deduction and receive something back of great value! Please be generous- the Japanese need our help. The same thing could possibly happen to us, here in Idaho.






Sincerely,

Toni McMillan



IDAHO JAPAN AID- Benefit Concert



I have been invited by the Red Cross to appear at the IDAHO JAPAN AID benefit concert

to raise funds selling my prints of the Governor, Sunday, April 17th, 1pm-5pm

at the Nampa Civic Center.




There will be entertainers from all over the world, and 100% of the money goes to Japan.

There will be musicians, dancers, magicians, vocalist, etc, from Japan, China, Korea, Philippines, Vietnam and Idaho.

Reception is free at 1PM-2PM

Entertainment will start at 2PM-5PM, admission is $30-$50.




I will have a booth, during this event to take donation for the limited edition prints.

Even if you are not Republican, this is a way to help Japan and receive a collectable back

that may be worth more than your donation. You can always redonate the print you purchase

to another charity of your own.












No comments: